A third-generation family-owned and operated funeral home, we have been established for over 95 years. We are proud to be a progressive leader in the industry of death care services.
Our funeral home is licensed for both private and public viewings, which sets us apart from direct cremation companies. Even if you merely want a basic cremation, we can ensure that your deceased loved one will be available in our on-site facility for some quiet time together before the final goodbye.
Every budget is accommodated by our renowned cremation and direct cremation services. You can have a private funeral or memorial service without worrying about the high expenditures of a traditional funeral service. We honor life in death with dignity and ceremony at Milam Funeral Home and Cremation Services. Call (352) 376-5361 for immediate assistance today.
Hiring a provider for funeral home and cremations in Alachua, FL, is a personal decision. You need a team that understands the industry and takes the time to customize your services. Funeral planning is your last chance to honor a loved one. So, it’s essential to take the time that you need to include specific details, traditions, and cultural influences in the event.
Our skilled funeral planning team has experience helping families from all walks of life. We understand the many decisions you are facing when planning funeral services for a loved one. When you choose our services, you can have confidence knowing that we offer the best support every step of the way.
It’s easy to get started with funeral planning. Simply reach out to our funeral home to schedule a consultation with a funeral director. Or, we are always happy to answer your questions on a phone call if you are looking for general information about available services. In addition, we provide full-service support for families in all stages of funeral planning.
5 Tips for Picking a Funeral Home and Cremations in Alachua, FL
What are your preferences for these upcoming funeral services? Before you finalize the funeral plan, it’s smart to learn more about your options for the event and other services. Choosing a reputable funeral home is the first step so you can have a team that will guide you through the long list of decisions you are facing.
Here are a few essential tips as you are choosing a funeral provider:
- Reputation in the Industry: Trust goes a long way to ensure the optimal outcome for your event. Before you hire a funeral home, learn more about the company, its history, and its reputation. You can search online to read reviews. Also, talk to friends and family to see if they have any recommendations in the local area.
- Available Services: The simplest solution is to select a funeral home that offers all the services you prefer. There’s no reason to work with multiple providers when you can choose one funeral home that meets all of your needs. Our team offers everything from essential funeral services to cremation services, burial, and more.
- Customization Options: This event should be a way to highlight the unique life experiences your loved one shared with the world. Find a funeral director that honors your choices and supports your family in creating a one-of-a-kind funeral, memorial, or life celebration.
- Convenient Location: Also, consider how close the funeral home is to your family home. You will be visiting the funeral home multiple times for preparation and the upcoming events. Save time and money by picking a provider with a convenient location.
- Preplanning Support: Finally, consider the timeline when you would like to start planning the funeral. A good funeral home offers immediate services as well as preplanning so you can prepare for the unknown timeline in the future.
You can look online at funeral home and cremations in Alachua, FL. Then reach out to each of the funeral homes to have a conversation. This initial phone call or consultation helps you determine if the funeral home is a good fit for your needs.
Optimal Timeline for Funeral Planning
Whenever you are planning a big event, it’s best to start as early as possible. This timeline holds true for funeral planning as well. Our funeral staff can assist with last-minute funeral planning, giving you the support necessary to coordinate the services in just a few short days. The ideal timeline is to start funeral planning as far in advance as possible.
In fact, you don’t need a timeline for an upcoming funeral before you begin funeral planning. Preplanning is a way for you to learn about the industry and finalize your choices on your own timeline. Many people find peace of mind in knowing that their future funeral is ready to go when the time is right.
Funeral preplanning is a way to make your wishes known while also reducing the stress on your family when you are gone. First, you can finalize the details of the event with our funeral staff. Then, we will hold this information on file until it is time to schedule the day.
Quality Funeral Services for Your Family
Saying goodbye is a harrowing experience, which is why you need to have full support when coordinating funeral services. The best thing you can do is choose a quality provider that offers everything you need to create a memorable event for friends and family.
When you are ready for help with funeral home and cremations in Alachua, FL, then our team is here to assist. Reach out to talk to us about your questions. We’ll schedule a time for your consultation to help you navigate the many available choices.
Funeral Home & Cremations FAQs
Do veterans get a free veterans funeral?
Veterans of the armed forces are entitled to receive military funerals. These typically include a ceremony, honors given by service members and veterans on hand or reviewing in honor, chairs for immediate family members if desired, as well as memorial items such as headstones that can be purchased at no cost with most financial need met through Veterans Affairs benefits.
How much does a burial package cost?
Our burial service packages are ranging from $3,295 to $6,750. A typical burial service consists of viewing or visitation, a funeral service, and burial at the graveyard. Following the viewing, a funeral ceremony is performed at a funeral home, church, or other event location.
Why do you need to pre-plan a funeral?
Pre-planning your funeral and arrangements in advance can be a helpful way to save time, money, and most importantly peace of mind. With our help you will have control over all aspects including who is involved with making decisions on what type of service should take place or where they want their ashes placed after the cremation takes place.